Avoid Burns and enjoy a safe Diwali
Diwali brings lots of light and happiness into our lives.. No doubt it is the brightest festival in India.. Diwali is all about Lights, candles, Diyas and crackers.. With all the Joy and happiness Rarely some unforeseen incidents may happen as it is a festival of fire.. With a little care and precaution we can enjoy a safe Diwali..
In the event of some unprepared incidents, Here are some handy Tips which can help you with the minor Burns.
Home remedies and precautions For Burns:
- Immediately wash the affected area with water (preferably cold water) to help prevent the flow of heat to the inner organs. This is applicable for all the types of burns.
- Another first aid measure can be a vinegar compress. Soak a piece of cloth in vinegar and apply on the affected area. Vinegar soothes the area and prevents burning sensation. Change the compress according to the need.
- Aloe Vera is another wonder remedy for burns. Apply Aloe Vera gel or pure extract on the affected region. It is antiseptic as well as soothing.
- Applying honey to the burnt area after properly washing it may reduce the burning sensation and aids faster healing.
- An onion, cut into half and applied to the affected region also helps reduce the trapped heat.
- We can also soak the burn in cold milk for 15-20 minutes.
- Sometimes, Placing a banana peel on the burned area of the skin till it becomes black has proved beneficial for minor burns.
- The tannic acid in black tea helps draw heat
Important note:Never Use ice on the burnt area because it can restrict blood flow to the skin,and further damage tissue. Ice can be used only if you have a burnt tongue.Burns can sometimes get infected as a result of the damaged skin that protects the body from microorganisms. Home remedies are applicable only to the first degree burns. For the rest, immediate medical attention is required. Third degree burns may require surgery. First aid is a must for all the types of burns.