10 Eating Tips For Good Health and Wellbeing
How we eat is as important as what we eat. A Proper eating helps to extract the best out of food for our body and mind. Good eating habits helps to improve mood, strengthens all the organs and nourishes the whole body.
Try to Practice these 10 eating Habits for a better health.
- Eat only when hungry: We should eat only when you feel hunger. This helps in timely production of gastric juice and digestive enzymes. So, do not eat repeatedly even if you are not hungry and do not skip eating when hungry.
- Eat at regular intervals: Maintaining a particular time to eat helps the body to set the time for release of enzymes and digestion process.
- Eat only after proper digestion: Food is digested when we feel active and light but not Heavy and Drowsy. We should feel hungry and thirsty before eating again.
- Just before starting meal: A pinch of rock salt and ginger is ideal to take just before taking food. It helps to proper secretion of enzymes and helps in digestion.
- Eat a Balanced Diet: Ideally a diet should have all these tastes- Sweet, sour, salt, bitter and astringent to make it a complete and balanced diet.
- Speed of eating: Eating fast will end up in eating more quantity. Eating slow will end up in eating less. So, moderate speed of eating is advisable. Slow eating is advised for those desiring weight loss.
- Quantity of food: If majority of food is heavy to digest, like oily foods, black gram, etc, the quantity of food should be taken only till half of your digestive strength. If it is light food stuff, then it can be had till content.
- When to have water: Having water in between food is advisable, rather than before or after food.
- Thirsty and hungry: When we are thirsty we should not eat and when we are we hungry should not drink.
- Ending a meal: it is always a good habit to end the meal with a little bit of milk or a dairy product or a sweet fruit juice.
Please note that these are the general rules for healthy people. For people with some health issues, some rules might not apply.