AC- 3 Tier Coaches Will Now Have GPS, Coffee Machine and CCTV
The AC-III tier coach in Indian Railways are going to look completely different now. They are set for a major makeover.
According to a report from Indian Express, To enhance the comfort of the passengers, the new AC-III tier coaches will be equipped with coffee and tea machines, CCTVs and GPS-based passenger information system.
The report further says that the coaches will initially be deployed as a part of the Humsafar service (a special class service comprising only AC-3 coaches) tentatively scheduled to start operating between Delhi and Gorakhpur in Uttar Pradesh.
Here are the other facilities the coaches will be getting:
– Fire-and-smoke detectors and automatic room-freshener dispensers
– GPS-based information system above each door
– Seats with better padding and ‘more comfortable’ head rest for upper berths
– Graffiti-proof gel coating in toilet walls
– Curtains for side berths as well as in the aisles
Among the other facilities, The coaches will now be disabled-friendly with integrated Braille displays. Along with this, the coaches will also be enhanced with new interior and exterior colour schemes presenting a sophisticated look with the use of vinyl sheets similar to Maharaja Express coaches.